(Last Updated On: April 25, 2018)
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Internal Job Grade: D1
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Human Resources & Admin Assistant, Front Office Assistant
- The HR Business Partner reporting to the HR Manager, will support the effective delivery of a higher performing HR service, through the further development of the HR Business Partners, ensuring that the high standards within the team are developed and maintained.
- The HRBP will handle HR generalist responsibilities including recruitment, contract issuance, onboarding, employee relations, performance & talent management, recruitment workflow, HR reporting, partnering with line management in the Country office and other Field HR focal persons.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Talent & Performance Management :
- Work HRM to create and drive a talent strategy across the business areas, to include identification of top talent; responsible for coordinating/facilitating recruitment, contracts, agreements, induction and exit processes.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate training and development initiatives to meet the specific business needs of the organization Drive the annual performance and planning and review (PPR) process, including calibration of talent across a variety of different Practice groups, support with the implementation of an electronic performance management system.
- Drive the principles of meritocracy with management in all talent decisions, including appointments, deployment, secondments, transfers, compensation adjustments, etc.
- Promote integrated staff development system including staff induction, learning and development, performance management, ensure that orientations and refresher workshop includes key Oxfam policies (Code of conduct, Anti-bullying and harassment policies, Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policies, etc.)
- Assist managers in the identification of staff training/development needs/opportunities, elaborate and implement country learning and development plan.
- Responsibility with the HR Manager to ensure that HR related recommendations are consistent with Oxfam HR policies and local labour law.
- Ensure that Oxfam health & security guidelines and practices are maintained and implemented.
- Responsibility, with the HR Manager to ensure that all HR policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and continue to reflect both up-to-date employment law and best practice; ensure compliance/adherence to local labor laws and Oxfam key policies.
- Support employee engagement processes by supporting the HRM at the Staff Forum and Staff Association meetings, enabling effective negotiation and consultation with staff representatives regarding a range of staffing matters.
- Responsibility for dealing with workplace conflict through the introduction of an effective mediation service and through the introduction of bullying and harassment ambassadors
Staff Management and Development:
- Oversee outsourced staff’s cleaning of the Oxfam Nigeria office interior and external areas and any cleaning tasks outsourced
- Line Management responsibility for HR & Admin Assistant and Front Office Assistant.
- To actively manage direct reports, ensuring that Performance Objectives, or Probationary meetings (where applicable) and regular one to one meetings take place to assist the HRD to drive up standards within the team and to ensure that the HR & Development team provide a high level of customer service.
- Support the production of HR updates for all staff, as appropriate; generate a variety of reports as requested by senior management team
- Analyze Human Resources key metrics (turnover, exit interviews, headcount etc) and utilize data for process improvements Partner with management to prepare and maintain job descriptions for each position
- Ensure employees termination management in collaboration with the line manager and finance (property and assets hand over, exit interview, terminal grants, clearance, certificate of services, follow-up with The Hague, etc.)
- Answer general HR and administrative questions and resolves attendant issues in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for the Global Annual Staff Survey
- Carrying out such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager, or any senior manager
Educational, Experience & Competence
- Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) in Management, Business administration or related discipline.
- 5 years related work experience in Human Resources and Office Administration role within a reputable and structured business environment, preferably an INGO
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work Professional membership of a human resources body
- Cross-culture understanding of how an international development agency operates, communicate well cross-culturally.
- Hands experience with HR Analytics and ability to manage data aid management decision making process.
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region
- Professional Membership (minimum of Associate) of CIPM is a requirement. Chartered Membership of other HR professional bodies such as CIPD will also be consideration
- Knowledge in various Human Resources Management Systems and Processes: Recruitment, Selection & Deployment; Employee Communication and Employee Data Management. Excellent working knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law & Convention with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations
- Excellent understanding of HR best practice and ability to apply this to employee relations cases
- Experience of performance management and working within defined policies and procedures
- Experience of supporting organisational change projects including restructures where applicable.
- High level skills of using Microsoft Office packages (Access, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent organisational and personal management skills, with ability thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities a must.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English
- High degree of poise, judgment, discretion, and responsibility; ability to handle confidential information
- Experience in supervisory capacity, ability to anticipate problems, and confidence to follow through.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual.
- We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization.
- We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.
- We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear, and consider different preferences.
- We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others.
- Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 4th May, 2018.
Note: Applications not sent as instructed will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for assessment and interview.