(Last Updated On: April 17, 2019)
Media Manager will develop & implement media strategy across and new media platforms nationwide and manage third party affiliations. He / She will be comfortable in all new media platforms with experience and knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of each to ensure maximum mileage for message & work – developing awareness, generating traffic and cultivating engagement. The Media Manager will lead the team in executing the entire Media Strategy across new and traditional media platforms. He / She is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for content strategy, PR, blogging, micro-blogging and community engagement.
Job Title: Media & Communication Manager
Period & Mode of Engagement: Full time
Primary Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria, Some travel
- Media Management and Engagement
- Manage Organisation’s presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and similar community sites for the specific programs (OOTC, RSVP).
- Create and maintain a media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Monitor trends regarding issues of interest to Organisation.
- Validate every content and material used by Organisation.
- Innovate alternative channels to disseminate Organisation’s message and showcase its work.
- Develop content for the various media channels (TV, press, internet etc.) to maximize Organisation’s objective and to engage with the citizens.
- Design campaigns to engage and increase followership on all media platform.
- 3rd Party Liaison
- Locate and engage advocates and influencers within the community (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.) to foster dialogue.
- Communicate briefs to external suppliers (3rd parties).
- Manage Organisation’s relationship with traditional media partners – radio and TV stations.
- Communicate with media partners in a consistent, informed and unbiased voice.
- Manage Organisation’s relationship with new media partners – digital marketing, jingle etc.
- Manage Organisation’s relationship with online media partners – Ynaija, Premium Times, Bella Naija etc.
- Build strategic relationships with local, regional and international media outlets.
- Serve as Organisation’s contact person for appearances, printing, publishing, and all digital content.
- Analytics and Reporting
- Provide a monthly report on Organisation’s media presence, trends, opportunities and challenges.
- Effectively monitor and evaluate the media for news impressions and tractions on all Organisation projects/events
- Develop a communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow Organisation awareness
- Analytics and Reporting
- Plan and organise the annual Social Media Week.
- Manage and assign responsibilities to team members; Creative Associates and Assistant Media Manager, Interns etc.
- Develop a good media relationship with the media houses for a successful media campaign at an incredibly low budget.
- Develop a strategic PR & Media plan for the execution of Organisation programs
Maximum of N180,000 per month (pre-tax; all allowances included).
Personal development will be supported.
Performance Review Criteria
- Ability to deliver on the requirements of the job description.
- Update, engage and grow the Organisation blog by posting at least twice weekly with relevant information along Organisations objectives.
- Ensure Organisation’s infograph is received and published in the appropriate newspaper on Sundays.
- Level of engagement on social media platforms – increased likes on FB; more followers on Twitter, more interaction with Organisation content, etc.
- Ensure the newsletter is properly disseminated to the Organisation’s mailing list on Friday weekly.
- Ability to produce timely & accurate monthly status reports for the ED.