(Last Updated On: November 16, 2018)
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job ID: R73560
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family: Engineering
If you are passionate about computer technology and eager to develop a career in technology sales, Dell is the place to be. We are looking for a Senior SystemsEngineer to work as part of a team based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Provides high-level technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical and sales presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management. Understands Dell EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign. Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice.
Areas of Responsibility
- Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions, and train the account team.
- Develops relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Strategizes and executes technical sales calls .
- Assists the Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans. Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Dell EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management. Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Assists the Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans. Leverages knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions, and train the account team.
- Executes technical sales calls.
- Configures and documents Dell EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately. Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Good understanding of server virtualization technologies (such as VMware vSphere) and cloud computing technologies
- Good understanding of enterprise customers requirements and strong presentation skills.
- Experience in designing and selling advanced transformational solutions
- IT transformation knowledge is a must
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in IT, (Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Enterprise applications)
- Competitive salary
- Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Dell is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Dell encourages applicants of all ages.